Monday, September 18, 2006

more music

Songs I downloaded a while ago and have heard everywhere I go lately (bars, stores, etc):

Scissor Sisters (coming to NYC on Oct. 21st!)-- I Don't Feel Like Dancin' . . . I LOVE this song. And hey, when you've got Sir Elton penning your tunes you're guaranteed at least a little playtime aren't you?

Phoenix-- Consolation Prizes & Long Distance Call. See- I told you people they were cool.

Songs I love right now from bands you might want to know about:

Phoen-- no. I'm not going to say it again. If you haven't caught on to the brillance of Thomas Mars et ses amis by now then I can't help you. On to the list . . .

A.M. Slow Golden Hit . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hotel Lights (they'll be in NYC on Nov. 1st at Tonic!)

Countdown . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Black Keys (in NYC Nov. 3rd)

Here It Goes Again . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .O.K. Go- how can you not love this? And the video is the best thing ever (looks they're only playing in the UK right now- boo).

Skeleton Key . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Margot & the Nuclear So and So's- weird name, good band. Really good. And they're coming to the Knitting Factory on November 5th!

Parade of Punk Rock T-Shirts . . . . . . . .Maritime (Oct. 21st @ Mercury Lounge)

Home Schooling . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Down Dexter