Friday, July 21, 2006

diet coke

The following is, word for word, an email I sent out to a friend about five minutes ago. I was going to continue the rant contained therein on this blog but then I remembered that I'm lazy and it would be just as effective to copy and paste what I'd already written. I left in the beginning for authenticity, even though it has nothing to do with the point of my post:

heya!

Do you still want to try to catch Monster House on sat? I'm going to be in NJ for part of the day but I'm hoping to get back into the city before it gets too late. It looks like such a fun movie. I miss Diane- she totally would've seen it with us :( ....

Do you like Keane or The Fray? I'm going to both of those shows in the fall if you're interested in catching either of them (tickets are general admission- I just bought mine today). I freaking hate ticketmaster-- their fees seem to get more and more ridiculous. They have their stupid convenience charge of 8.50 (convenience charge? what the hell does that mean? they make it sound like they're doing you a favor by taking your money) and then whatever that other stupid charge is- they make you pay $4+ for something. Service charge, I think it is. Which is somehow entirely different than the convenience charge. And THEN I noticed that they're also charging for that ticketfast service where they email you an attachment and you print the tickets out yourself. It's $2.50!! Is that new???? I mean, they don't have to print your tickets or put them in the mail and yet they can somehow charge you for that???? I bet it's to screw people who buy tickets at the last minute and can't use their free standard mail option (which I'm shocked still even exists). What exactly does the convenience charge- or the service charge, for that matter- cover if they're going to go ahead and charge you AGAIN for the "convenience" of printing the tickets at home and the "service" of sending you the email with the tickets attached (which I'm so sure is a completely unautomated, labor intensive process)? Furthermore, they apply their stupid charges to every ticket you buy. The way I see it, whether I buy one ticket or six, they're only providing me a "convenience" once if it's all in the same transaction. Fucking ticketmaster.

See. This is what happens when I have too much caffeine and can't fall asleep. (this was in the email as well)