Sunday, July 02, 2006

Those Brits know their music.

I am posting under threat of having my blog unlinked from a friend's site if I didn't get off my lazy butt and write something already. She sounded pretty serious⎯ I was a little worried at first but, really, I think this kind of accountability is good for me.

But what to write? It's a holiday weekend so I've spent the day accordingly by sleeping too much and wasting time online. Not exactly the stuff of legend⎯ or even of a semi-compelling blog entry. I finally decided that instead of trying to sound interesting I'd share with you something I found during one of many hours in front of my PowerBook today: a cover of The Cure's "Love Cats," by two of the best artists out there right now. Sung live for the Brit Awards, it's certainly a weird choice⎯ but the end result is wonderful.

Jamie Cullum & Katie Melua



If you haven't listened to their albums, you must. Especially Jamie Cullum⎯ he's an amazing musician and puts on a live show better than any other I've seen. Also it's possible that maybe, just maybe, I'm in love with him just a little bit. Maybe. But that voice! That piano playing! Can you blame me? Sigh.

Okay, enjoy the video. I'm going to retreat with what little dignity I have left.